Saturday 27 August 2011

Perspective

"Every baby born into the world is a finer one than the last"
Charles Dickens

My little bro is having a baby at the end of the year and the other day he said to me:

"I just saw a really ugly baby at the shops. I hope we don't get an ugly one."

To which I naturally replied: "Don't worry, you won't."

Of course, what I meant was: "Don't worry, you won't know."

I speak with authority on this.

When Miss Rose was born, the first thing I said was "Oh, she's so beautiful!"

At the exact same time my husband snapped this photo

And you know, it's still one of my favourite photos of her. What a shame I had to crop out the still attached umbilical cord, and the other surgeon already poised with needle and thread.

Yep. The most beautiful swamp creature ever born.

It was the best moment ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment